Harm Reduction For Hashish : How To Avoid Negative Side Effects
There are many different methods of consuming hashish, including various ways for smoking and eating it. It may be difficult to determine if the methods of consumption that you or someone you know is using is safe without examining what they are using and the concentrations of THC they are consuming. The following tips can help you avoid negative side effects from using hashish:
- Study up on what exactly hashish is and how it works with your body’s endocannabinoid system, as well as the cannabinoids’ chemical structure. This will give you a better idea of how to use moderate doses of hashish safely.
- Hashish can be consumed in many different ways , so make sure you choose the right method of consumption for your needs and body type. Much like other recreational drugs, using it intravenously is not safe for everyone as this bypasses the liver’s ability to filter toxins through the digestive system.
- Experiment with various amounts of hashish to find what works best for you. Using the same amount over and over again may lead to an increased tolerance where more of the drug is necessary for achieving your desired effects while increasing the risk for negative side effects.
- The concentration of THC in different types of hashish can vary significantly, so make sure that you are checking concentrations before you consume any hashish. An experienced friend or a reliable resource can be very helpful when it comes to figuring out the concentrations of THC in the various forms of hashish that you have access to.
- The effects from consuming cannabis can take hours before they take effect, so make sure to wait for at least an hour before taking more if you do choose to consume additional amounts.
- Have a sober friend with you when you decide to ingest any form of hashish, especially if it is your first time trying it. Make sure that they are aware of the laws in their state pertaining to cannabis and are capable of responding in an emergency. You never know what you might experience when consuming this type of substance and to be safe, let someone with experience know what you’re using and how much. Make sure that they also know that it is illegal in most states and jurisdictions to use cannabis, so if they see anyone in danger or an emergency situation developing, the police may get involved. Provide them with your contact information so they can call you when everything is over.
- You should always make sure to drink plenty of water while you are using or plan to use hashish. Often times, negative side effects are the result of dehydration that results from consuming cannabis products. The more hydrated you are, the less likely you will be to experience negative side effects.
- Running a vaporizer for longer periods of time may help reduce the negative side effects associated with the consumption of hashish. This is especially true if you are smoking hashish in a pipe or joint since vaporized cannabis does not combust and can therefore be inhaled more easily.
- If you have been using hashish for a long time, consider switching to another method of consumption such as pure THC oil, eating hashish or using a vaporizer. These alternative methods of consumption can help reduce the negative side effects that you experience from smoking it.
- If possible, check out what others have to say about a specific variety of hashish before choosing how much to use and whether or not you need to eat more for the desired effects. This is especially important if you are using hashish for the first time.
- If you are looking to reduce your tolerance while still retaining your ability to experience desired effects, consider switching between different methods of consumption . For example, some people prefer smoking it but find that they can achieve higher levels of euphoria when they eat it or use a vaporizer. Others prefer using a vaporizer but find that they have more fun with it when they smoke it in a joint or pipe.
And lastly, have fun but know your limits! You should not have to force yourself to consume hashish if you decide that it is what you want. If you are forcing yourself, chances are you aren’t doing something right and should probably stop.
On a final note, remember that the consumption of hashish may lead to feelings of paranoia in some individuals. If this happens to you or a friend you are with, just remember that it is really nothing to be afraid of. The effects will subside once the cannabis clears your system.
Thank you for reading!